5/26/15

chaos on chaos


Above antlers were a sweet gift from my very cool and talented friend Tina at covet+Lou.

It's been busy around here the past few days. If you follow me on Instagram @lulahoney, you know my dog passed away yesterday. I think I'm still in shock. I've read all your comments and messages and am thankful for all the support.

Amidst all that, a few things:
- I have decided to move forward and rent a studio space. I mentioned it in an earlier post. A part of me was scared to throw myself out there and actually advertise as a photographer but I'm doing it. I'm hoping to be in the studio two days a week, shooting mostly commercial and editorial stuff.
- I have finally hooked up with a graphic designer to get lulahoney a much needed facelift. I cannot tell you how stoked I am. As much as I would love to do it myself, I have realized that coding and html and all that other fun website stuff is not for me.
- the shop. yes, I still have one... but for real, I'm taking my time with it. I have sold most of my stock online which is amazing since I have barely done any marketing with it at all {and thank you to everyone that has supported me on that journey}. I have a notebook full of brands and designers I want to work with and to have in the shop {as well as my tiny home studio filled with all my designs}...but I have been struggling with what it is exactly I want to sell. Part of me wants to go one way with it, and the other part of me wants to go in a different direction with it. I'm not going to get into specifics about it yet but it would be like opening up a toy store and selling men's vintage along with it. It doesn't make any sense to do that... So I need to make a decision as to what fits my vibe best. Once the shop is established I can expand into different areas but to start off, I need to think small and specific. Basically, I need to get dialed in and not be all over the place in terms of products.

Anyways, I'm really stoked to get things rolling.

Dig it babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment