3/2/15

into the wild


jumping into a new business for yourself can be tricky. I read a lot of blogs that write about this very subject and the only thing I can say is if you want to do it, do it. if you have been reading this blog since 2008, you know I have had many different ventures, some of them succeed, some of them crash and burn. I'm not afraid to share the good and the bad. On a side note, I haven't shared all of my projects and start ups on here because I dont think the Internet needs to know every single thing about me BUT I'm not afraid to share things off and on about the things I have created or collaborated on. And to share my thoughts on entrepreneurship.

One of my greatest strengths is to research the shit out of something and apply it to whatever I'm working on. and if you combine that with your own expertise as well as your passion, you have already won half the battle in starting your own business. Most of my start ups have had little cash upfront (proving you really can start something on a budget) and most have been just me. 

One of the businesses I had started to work on last summer got shelved this past winter. I had been working on starting my own modelling agency that specifically dealt with children and youth athletes and bridge that much needed gap for brands and companies looking for appropriate models. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I see a brand use a model for an athletic advertisement when you can clearly tell that model is not the right fit. I realize it's a special niche but it is needed. Anyways, I had gotten really close to launching and even had a small roster of models/athletes and clients but shelved it because of time commitments to other things. However, that doesn't mean I won't do it. eventually. I think opportunities hit you in the face at just the right time.

Anyways, I'll be introducing other creative entrepreneurs and have them sharing their story on the blog as I always find it fascinating hearing about other people's stories. And of course I'll share more of mine.

Dig it babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment