2/17/15

work it girl


this pretty much sums it up. But let's be honest, you are not always going to want to work out in the 'traditional' sense all the time - and if you do, you rule at life. Yes, I write about running, weights, crossfit, etc, a lot over here but there are plenty of days where I have no desire to do any of that. So I don't. Instead, I opt for something fun for me and the kids. Two great workouts we do on a weekly basis are:

Pillow fights. My crew and I are really good at this. We go at it for a solid half hour {sometimes longer} with silly rules like using our legs to pillow fight {great for the abs}.. We are laughing hysterically the whole time while burning approximately 120 calories per half hour.

Living room dance parties. Not gonna lie, with two daughters ages 7 and 10, we have a lot of taylor swift on repeat here. So we blast it on the iPad and have dance offs. We make up the rules as we go with the consistent one being you have to be moving at all times while the song is playing. We have no shame in our dancing game and with approximately 180 calories being burned in 30 minutes, it's a great way to work out without working out.

Dig it babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment