1/16/15

gimme twenty


I read a great article on today.com titled 'a walk a day may keep early death away' (Google it). Now when it's time for God to call his chickens home, it's time to go. BUT, a little bit of exercise a day does make a huge difference for your health. Think of it as a feel good drug for your body. And if you are like me, super busy and always on the go, it can be hard to fit in a workout of any kind. However, even if you are in a parking lot waiting for your kids, show up twenty minutes early and take a walk around the block. 
Two summers ago I talked a bit about how I started running. I would drop lola off at gymnastics for her afternoon practice and then I would go walking the dirt track by the gym (in a pair of second hand runners and denim cutoffs). I did it five times a week. Pretty soon I began to jog and used an app to keep me focused. And soon it was just a habit. Now, I've gone through peaks and valleys these past two years with running but the point is, I did it. And if I can, you can.

Dig it babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment