4/24/14

what lula ate /1

I'm really stoked to share some of the recipes that we love at the lula haus. Let's back up a bit: i wasn't into cooking that much until the last few years. obviously having children since i was outta highschool, i cooked, but the last couple of years i have really made an effort to make meals that are healthy and not full of crap, ya dig?  i also had to tailor what we were eating to fit lola's needs as an athlete. i don't have any formal training in cooking nor do i know any fancy tricks in the kitchen. i'll try to post relevant info in terms of feeding an athlete, etc, otherwise, please feel free to comment if you have suggestions, just don't kill my vibe. Most of the ingredients used are organic, bought by local farmers, and/or made by me {example brown sugar}. Since this is new, it's a work in progress... what lula ate.


Banana bread. I'm not gonna lie, this is the one thing that gets made the most at the lula haus. Almost daily. It's cheap and easy, and the perfect weekday breakfast. Note: I prefer to serve it for breakfast rather than a snack after school, etc because I try to get as many carbs into Lola in the mornings rather than the evenings. There is a logic to this that I will get into in a different post but basically carb heavy meals in the morning - everything else in the evening.

What you need:
3 bananas - cut up
1/3 cup butter - softened
1 cup sugar - sometimes i only use 3/4 cup
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour

Mix all ingredients. I use a hand mixer to get it a bit more whipped but just using a spoon is fine.
Cook at 350 for 1 hour.
I serve it with oranges.

Dig it babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment