9/17/10

pretty little things: inside the nest

hello lovely readers. as a work-at-home mama, i am always trying to establish a pretty little studio space for all my "work stuff". you see, i have had my studio set up in every part of my house, including the garage. i liked the garage because it was really big and had alot of light -when the door was open, but i always felt like i was in alaska when my little kiddos and husband were elsewhere. it made me lonely. so i moved all my stuff out of the garage and now my pretty little studio is once again all over the house. i have my main sewing machine on the kitchen table - where i move it to the counter when we eat - i have my steamer and ironing board in the kitchen, i have a rolling rack in my bedroom with finished garments, a rolling rack with unfinished garments, 2 other sewing machines and a wall shelf full of fabrics in the little room off the laundry room, all my notions in vintage train cases in various rooms, cds of lula honey images in a kitchen drawer, sketchbooks and notebooks stuffed with receipts and other important papers scattered around, and the computer in the living room. it's creating a mess. so this weekend, i am going to find a wee space to make my own. here are some home-based studios which are really inspiring me...
rachel's cozy little space...
sharilyn's lovely studio...

rubyellen's inspiring space...

jill's cute and bright porch studio...
leigh-ann's adorable studio...

and dottie's sweet studio...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment